Award Winning Educator
- Awarded PA post-secondary technology educator of the year.
- Developed the CISO Certification curriculum for Harrisburg University.
- Developed and taught undergraduate and graduate courses for three universities including, Ethical Hacking, Computer Forensics, Network Security, Cryptography and others.
- Deployed an enterprise-wide security education and awareness campaign including a managed phishing campaign for a Fortune 500 company.
Respected Security Professional
Frequently interviewed by television, radio and print media about information security news stories. Assisted former IBM CEO, Lou Gerstner’s team in security his home networks and financial servers.
Architecture and Deployment of Vendor Technologies
Splunk, Symantec, SourceFire/Cisco, FireEye, Mandiant, EnCase, SoftLayer, ForeScout, Fidelis, Cellebrite, FTK, SafeNet, VMWare, Carbon Black, Gigamon, Qualys, Office 365 and more.
Engaging Public Speaker
Selected to speak publicly at conferences and events an average of 2-3 times per year, including Hacker Halted, IANS, SecureWorld, ISSA, (ISC)2, & IBM Conferences.
A great understanding of enterprise risk, standards and governance, and a finger on the pulse of the threat landscape. Led teams of security architects, security engineers, forensic analysts, malware reverse engineers and an enterprise vulnerability scanning operations team.
- 5 US Patents, 3 Patents-Pending, 10 invention disclosures.
- Co-authored two books.
- UNIX certification, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSA
- Senior member and board member
- ISSA Chapter President.
- Architected, designed and deployed network and endpoint DLP, Network Access Control, Malware Defense tools, Forensic tools, IDS/IPS, Two-factor authentication, Splunk ES, and a virtual desktop solution for secure, crown jewel development.
- Managed IDS for September 11th relief fund telethon (tributetoheroes.org).
IBM Colorado Technical Vitality Council, Denver, CO (February, 2017)
Reboot Conference, Victoria, BC (February, 2017)
ISSA Denver Chapter Meeting featured speaker, Denver, CO (January, 2017)
Mid-Atlantic IT & Security Conference, Manheim, PA (August 2016)
DaVinci Institute, Westminster, CO (July, 2016)
Harrisburg University Security Summit (November, 2015)
Harrisburg University Community Forum (October, 2015)
SecureWorld Denver, Denver, CO (October, 2015)
Harrisburg University Panel Discussion about Security Awareness Education (May 2015)
SecureWorld Philadelphia, King of Prussia, PA (March 2015)
(ISC)2 Central PA Chapter 2014: Security Year in Review (2014)
CCPA Ethics Meeting (April, 2014)
(ISC)2 Meeting: Forensics Lab (April, 2014)
Central PA CPA Ethics Training: Hacking and Ethics (June 2013/April 2014)
Hacker Halted USA, Atlanta, GA (September 2013)
Harrisburg BarCamp: Safe Computing (2011-2013)
Mid-Atlantic Information Security Forum, Washington, D.C. (2008 & 2010)
Hacker Halted Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico (2005)
IBM Networking Solutions Technical Conference – Orlando (1999)